I fear the wait has caused you all to think that this is some spectacular thing I'm revealing. Not the case. I'm proud of myself for these, but they definitely wouldn't be boutique quality...maybe not even Wally World, for that matter. Emory will never know the difference. So here goes.
Picnic Pants
(That's what I like to call them. Really, they are just plain 'ole pants.)
Red gingham, capri length (well, they're supposed to be, but turns out, making a size 6-12 months for Em still hits well below her ankle), with little slits at the ankle. How cute will these be with a little white eyelet shirt she has...you know, for all those picnics we'll be invited to come spring! :)
Lime green with hot pink turtles (how could I resist that fabric!?!?), reverses to hot pink gingham, worn with matching hot pink gingham bloomers (which show in the back), with cute little gingham covered buttons. The dress looks a little warped in the pictures, since I pinned it because it doesn't lay right on the hanger.

Ruffle Capri Pants
Hot pink cotton, hot pink gingham ruffles at the ankles (again, capri length is basically full length on Em), cute little matching pockets on the booty, and best of all (I so wish I could take credit for thinking of these) adjustable elastic in the waist (so maybe next year she'll be able to wear these as capris!) and a size label so I'll know what size pattern I've sewn down the road. 


Eyelet "Kitty"(that's the name of the pattern) Dress
White eyelet material, ruffle at the top neckline, cute little covered buttons on the front, plain 'ole plastic buttons on the side vents. It's kinda hard to see in the pics because it's white. I totally bought this exact dress from a home show a couple months back and was so excited to see I could buy the pattern and make it! (By the way, the blue marks are just from a fabric pin and will come out as soon as I wash it.)


There you have it. Up next is a robe (you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find an infant sized robe that doesn't have Dora on it!), some hooded towels and some cute monogrammed items. I'll be sure and keep you posted!
There you have it. Up next is a robe (you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find an infant sized robe that doesn't have Dora on it!), some hooded towels and some cute monogrammed items. I'll be sure and keep you posted!
5 comments:
Great job, Aim!! I hope to be able to sew like you some time soon-you'll have to help me learn!
I can't believe you make all these clothes! I saw the holiday bows you made for Callie too... you're so talented! Emory is such a doll, I'm SO sad we couldn't do lunch. And I'm sorry you all were sick too! Not fun at all. We have recovered finally. We hope to see you and BOTH your babies the next time we're there! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'll be praying for you and baby-to-be!
Thanks Lucia! Let me know if Little Lu would like some for next Thanksgiving and Christmas...Emory lost her Christmas bow the first day she wore it, so I'll be making more for sure. We'd be glad to send her a treat!
OK, so I seriously need to learn how to sew! I'm so jealous (natch) of your skills :o) Can't wait to see them in person! We'll be coming up for a couple days around Easter. I'll keep you posted!
Amy! Everything looks great!
Post a Comment